Watch!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Future Is Now! Make Art!

This is an age of technology. It's a miracle in the palm of your hand. A phone, a tablet, a pad. A laptop.

Musicians are taking over with a laptop. The future is exciting!

I am a filmmaker. My name is Jess and I am the mainman at Ghoulish Grin Films. I make features, short films, royalty free music and sound effects. I review movies, make movies, love movies. YouTube, Google, and modern day technology are making it possible for me to be a filmmaker. I don't make a lot of money, but that's not why I'm doing it. Maybe the day will come when I do this for a living. Ahhhh, the possibilities! But for now, creating the art is enough.

And I urge all of you young filmmakers. If you want to make something, make it! It's never been easier to do it. Make your short film. And if you want to make more, make more. And if you want to make a feature, make a feature. Make more than one. I can't tell you that it won't be challenging or that you won't have stumbling blocks. We all do. But the future is now. Make your art!

It will be hard for some to get their hands on a great camera, so get the best one you can get your hands on. You may not have all the time in the world to make films, but use the spare time you have. You may not be able to hire actors...star in them! This will limit the scope of what you want to make, but then just scale down. Don't think so much about elaborate effects. Use your imagination, creativity. There are great simple stories to be told.

I find inspiration in all of you. I'll try my best to give it back...


No comments:

Post a Comment